Official Contest Rules
1. The PLAY IT FORWARD CONTEST (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States in the Los Angeles, CA listening area as defined by Nielsen Audio, eighteen (18) years-of-age or older who registers by completing an official entry form at www.thefishla.com or www.facebook.com/959thefish from Monday, April 7th through Thursday, May 29th, 2014. Each entrant may complete only one entry per unique valid email address. Multiple entries will be discarded. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of KFSH-FM (“Radio Station”), and DMR/Interactive (“Sponsor”) their parent companies, their parent’s affiliated companies, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. There will be up to one hundred twenty (120) Grand Prize Winners. The Contest runs weekdays from April 14th through June 6th, 2014, excluding national holidays. At approximately 9AM PST each Thursday from April 10th through May 29th, 2014, a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by 8:59AM PST on the Thursday of the previous week will be conducted to select three (3) Contest qualifier names for each weekday of the following week of the contest. Each weekday, the selected qualifier names will be announced on-the-air on the Radio Station, one each at approximately 7:25 a.m., 12:25 p.m. and 3:25 p.m. When a Contest qualifier hears their name announced, they will have fifteen (15) minutes to call the Radio Station. If a qualifier does not call Radio Station within fifteen (15) minutes of their name being announced, their prize will be forfeited and not be awarded. All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winners must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within two (2) weeks of notification, the prize may be forfeited. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the Grand Prize Winners grant their permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station and Sponsor without additional compensation. The prizes will be awarded within approximately two (2) weeks after all required proof and documentation is received. The Grand Prize Winners have until December 31, 2014 to redeem the prizes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Radio Station is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or mishandled entries.
3. Tell A Friend Entries: After entering the Contest via the method set forth above, Contest entrants will be provided an ongoing opportunity to “Tell A Friend” to participate in the Contest. If the entrant tells a friend through the “Tell A Friend” page on the registration website to invite more participants and that friend enters the Contest initially through the tell a friend referral email and is a Contest winner, the referring entrant will win a $100 bonus check. The order and origination of, and referring entrant credit for "Tell-A-Friend" referrals will be determined at the sole discretion of the Radio Station. There is no limit to the number of friends entrants may refer, and entrants can receive multiple bonus checks for this Contest. A maximum of one referral bonus check will be paid per Contest winner if multiple referral friends are Contest winners.
4. There are up to one hundred twenty (120) Grand Prizes: Checks in the amount of $500 cash (“Grand Prizes”). No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Grand Prizes, provided, however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. There are up to one hundred twenty (120) Bonus Prizes: Checks in the amount of $100 cash. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Bonus Prizes, provided, however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
6. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station and Sponsor, their parent companies and their parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
7. To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to www.thefishla.com or look for the winner's name posted on the Radio Station web site, once the name has become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.